Monday, July 18, 2011

A day trip

Wow it's been almost a month since my last update yet I've thought about trying to do it often.  Summer is 1/2 over and I'm still blogging about the beginning of summer activity--sorry!  Memorial Day weekend Diana and I decided to venture to where I have never gone...Michigan! We decided to make a day trip out of it by going to tour some of the Michigan wineries.  The first stop was Round Barn Winery (http://www.roundbarnwinery.com/tasting_room_locations.php).  Right off the interstate, the round barn was easy to spot.  The winery was a perfect adventure being that it was humid and began raining out.  Venturing in to the tasting area, we were ready to try different wines--Diana chose the red route and I chose white.  For being a wine in Michigan and not knowing what to expect, we were pleasantly surprised.  As a souvenir, our tasting glass! 

Next stop was the St. Julian winery across the street from Round Barn and great for someone on a winery tour!  Five glasses of wine later, we were pleased we stopped by there.  I was very happy because they had sparkling wine and I love drinking sparkling wine. 

At our last winery, it was starting to storm and not very busy.  Our wine guide was nice enough to give us two delectable truffles to take home--mine espresso and Diana's cookies and cream.

We ended our day with a drive through New Buffalo and stopping for a late lunch at a little local bakery and lunch spot.  The Salad was huge and very flavorful.  The drive home was quiet due to the wine coma Diana was entranced in. 

I left Michigan with a good taste in my mouth and a yearning to go back again--so much so we are renting a beach house in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment