Thursday, October 21, 2010

Apples, Pumpkins, and Corn Maze...OH MY!

Welcome to fall everyone!  I embraced fall this past weekend by heading to nearby Indiana to partake in fall festivities!  I had never been to an apple orchard or pumpkin patch in my life.  With my mom coming to visit, what a perfect time to get out of the city, enjoy the fall colors and get in the autumn spirit :).  All the apples were picked already but I did find my special pumpkin that will make great pumpkin seeds and maybe even some homemade plachenta! I tried a few variety of apples as well, which were very crunchy and made great apple crisp the next day!  Chicago is a place of skyscrapers and the bustling city life, but an hour away is a great apple orchard that I got to experience...another thing crossed off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment