Thursday, November 11, 2010

Volunteering...The Greatest feeling in the world

Volunteering and participating--two words my parents definitely taught me all my life!  After graduating from school, I wanted to get involved not just volunteer for random events, but something to really put my blood sweat and tears into.  That's when I found Big Shoulders Fund (bigshouldersfund.org).  Big Shoulders Fund was formed by Cardinal George and some business CEOs as a way to raise scholarships so inner city children could receive a Catholic and good education. 

I have been an auxillary member now for over a year and an active participant for over two years!  I'm on the membership committee now and getting active as a school board member!  The Big Shoulders Auxillary Board hosts great fun opportunities like Happy Hours, Give Back Days, mentoring programs, and the best one of all--the annual Auxillary Fund Ball!  Diana and I have went for the past two years and it was a great time!  I night of drinking, dressing up, and dancing--who could ask for a better time!

So Chicago when you're looking for an organization to become a part of, join the Big Shoulders Fund Auxillary Board--you're in for a Big Give Back time!

No comments:

Post a Comment