Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicago Chef Week

I've learned that my palette and my inquisitivenss has made me a bit of a foodie.  Chef week allows me to try something new.  Last night I ventured with my friend to Blackbird (blackbird.com).  I've walked by plenty of times entranced by the appearance of the place itself. 

There is just something about the place that always drew me to walk by it.  As a high end restaurant, I knew I wasn't going there anytime soon.  Chef week allows people like me a chance to try a high end food restaurant at a fraction of the cost.  I started out with a warm spring noodle with avocado and pumpkin seeds followed by the entree of a squash and ricotta torte with mushrooms and arugala.  Our dessert was a dark chocolate ganache with parsnip ice cream.  It was all so delicious and the presentation was to die for.  The highlight of the dinner was the palatte cleanser of a green tea truffle.

So next time you hear of chef week here in Chicago, follow your instinct and try that restaurant you've always been drawn to or if you aren't daring enough, follow my recommendation and go to blackbird!

No comments:

Post a Comment